Tag Archives: WIP

Happy New Year!

A little very late, but I wish you all a very happy new year with lots of joy (and hopefully lots of model horses). During the holidays I mostly relaxed and ate food (hello, extra kilos), but I also worked on some models. Here are some pictures of the progress.

This girl is the custom PAM I started a few weeks ago. She is no longer earless and bald! She obviously still needs a tail and lots of prepping, but she’s getting there!

img_4115

I love the sweet expression of the PAM model, it’s really one of Maureen Love’s best sculptures in my opinion. To make her performance friendly, I made a slightly lifted forelock, and a bridle path.

img_4116

At the same time, I am also planning the colours of her own costume. She will likely have a blue/red/cream costume. No idea when I’ll have time to actually put the costume together though…

img_4117

And then there is this beautiful Branston resin that I customized to look like the horse I used to ride. She’s coming along really nicely so far!

img_4118

And lastly there is this Wee Wyakin resin that has been in my body box for faaaar too long. I got her as a body that needed stripping, which took me a long time. After that I lost interest for a while because I had already put so much work into just getting her cleaned up. But then I decided to paint her in the holidays because she IS a very pretty resin. She’s now a dapple smutty buckskin. I still need to work on her hooves a little more, and gloss her eyes. After that she will be pretty much done.

img_4121img_4122

So, that’s what I have been up to the last few weeks. I will start making Arab tack again soon though! Don’t worry 😉

Late night studio update

Today I have been doing everything except making tack. I started the day by doing some simple custom work on this cute little Breyer PAF.


He will eventually be an adorable baby chestnut colour. Then I worked a bit on these two stablemate customs that have been lying around my desk for too long.


The rearing one will be a Lipizzaner stallion once I’m done with him, and the galloping one will be a Lusitano. And finally I put another layer of oil paint on my Branston resin. The grey color on her head starts to resemble the colour I’m aiming for. 


Lots of work to be done still, but today was a productive day customizing-wise 🙂 

I also started a new project: making miniature props. I made some mini carrots and an apple. The carrots look pretty nice, but I’m not 100% satisfied with the apple… I guess I need to practise a little more.

Cowries and tassels

Yesterday was spent making cowrie shells and tassels for several projects. I am currently working on a halter commission that will be a replica of this real halter.

 

The cowries and gold plates are finished, now I just need to make the base of the halter.

red-costume_001

And I am also working on a red costume for myself. This one has the new style of tassels, which look super silky! Now I’m debating wether to change all the tassels on the blue costume to this new style… It will be lots of extra work, but I get the feeling that it will be worth it. Anyway, both costumes have a long way to go before being finished.

Starting my first costume

Today I decided it was time to start working on my first ever full Arabian costume! It will be a native-themed costume in black and blue, with lots of tassels and cowries.

I started out by sculpting the seat for the costume in Apoxie Sculpt. So I wrapped my poor PS Arab named Bakarat in some clear plastic foil to protect him from the clay

saddle tree_001

He’s looking a bit worried here

And then continued to pile up Apoxie until the seat was shaped properly.

I then waited for the clay to dry… *3 hours later* And with a bit of sanding and touching up in some places, the seat is now complete!

Later today I will hop by the local hobby store to get some black felt, beads, and other sewing supplies that I’ll need to make this costume.